Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Setting A Goal & Work Towards It...

1st day at work from my BALI trip already making me feel DAMN stress!!!

STRESS FACTOR #1
John, my boss called me and Margaret into his room today for a short budget meeting. Apparently, we are short fall for RM250K for end of June closing. With my XXXX Client, it is very hard to korek money from them! Seriously tough. And it doesn't help that Margaret being so Margaret, dictacting what I need to do and what she is in the midst of working on! Oh 'PUHHHH-LISSSSS' Margaret, give me a break! You're working on nothing and you should stop bull-shitting before I try to starve the bull up ur ass! Opppps... sorry, ya.. as I mentioned, if I did not close the remainder RM250K before end of June, it will be brought forward and I will be so dead for Q3 billing then.

STRESS FACTOR #2 (OH-THIS-IS-REALLY-STRESS)
Jordan, my another boss had another budget meeting with me at 11pm on XXXXXXXXX. Again GI short fall! This time the number is quite big! And I got no idea how I can go about it to get the GI. All these while, my Client is very nice to listen to me on my marketing proposal and I think that she is glad and happy that at least someone cares about her account now, unlike LK and AT time. So now also have to work out some documentation on K1 & K2 shit to see how else I can propose to my Client again... This is so FUCKED UP! And the deadline doesn't help too... it's Friday, by 11am.

STRESS FACTOR #3 (OH-THIS-IS-FARKING STRESS)
John, called me in to his room again. He asked me a question that caught me out of guard. (This is a compressed version. The actual conversation was about 1 and a half hour long!)

John - 'What do you think off Anne's promotion? Be very frank to me!'

Me - 'Well, there must be a reason u promoted someone. For me, I don't know the reason so I can't really make a judgement. If you really want to know how feel? I think its a bit too early for her to be promoted to AAD, and frankly if the Agency is evaluating a promotion based on the amount of GI a person bring in, I think that is so wrong.'

John - 'I promoted her not because that she brought in a lot of GI, but it was based on the fact that she has proven herself by bring in different business segments from the Client and she demonstarte her credibility and leadership to the Client in leading the account.'

Me - 'OK. I see where you're coming from...'

John - 'I want you to be more proactive in leading XXXX account. I want you to treat this as your baby and grow the business horizontally. Can you proove to me by end of August? I am very sensetive to how my staff feels. And yes, I want to promote you, like how I promoted Anne, and you need to give me a reason to promote you.'

Me - 'OK.'

John - 'Nicky, as of now you are doing very well. You know the processes inside out, but I need you to pull yourself out from all the processes and focusing on growing the business. Let Shane do all that process driven work. Give her guidance only when necessary. I need you to look out for business opportunity for XXXX and find a way to sell it to them.'

Me - 'OK, but John. Something is bothering me right now!'

John - 'What is that about?'

Me - 'To make it clear, who am I reporting to?'

John - 'Me.'

I found such a good opportunity to bitch about Margaret to John..... yippie!

Me - 'OK, but I did not see that happening as of the moment. Since Margaret was roped into the account, I lost the feel of the ownership to this account. Because most of the time she is dictacting what I should do, what I should present to you and what I should not. I have all sorts of thoughts and idea to share, but she was a blockage for me to bounce off any idea to you. She fucking wanted to see everything before I show it to you cause she claims that she has a better gage of your preference. But what the fuck, if I am being dictacted for what I am do and what I can't, I might as well don't have the ownership of this account and just do whatever I am asked to do only.'

John - 'Nicky, I hear you. I roped Margaret in because I needed someone senior to anchor the account. But to me although she's an AD but I still think she's quite junior. And, it's not all the time that she has a better gage on my preferences, but she might have certain experience in the past that she encounter might seen valuable to add as a point. So, nothing is stopping you from sharing your thoughts with me and I don't think she is right all the time too. You need to outshine yourself in front of the Client and make the sees something's valuable in you.'

Me - 'OK John... I get what you mean'

John - 'I don't expect something to turn-around within 24 hours, but I want you to work toward August deadline. I want to promote you to Associate Account Director too.'

Me - 'Thanks John. I really appreciate it. I will work towards it.'

And YES, I am working towards that direction and it is so stress now that I have to really pull myself out from what I am doing now and look at things from a bird's eye view and a different perspective. And that means, more late nights of writing proposals in PPT format.... SHIT!!!

STERSS FACTOR #4
Chit talking to maggie... my favorite Client of all. But dunno what they spoke about. I am very scared that he brainwashed her!!

STRESS FACTOR #5
Ming directed me to somewhere 'ULU' and she and jordan screamed at me for not doing a good car reversing job. And somemore their shouting and screaming stimulates migrane attack! How bad can that be!!

Why do I have to face all this shit?

Cheee-bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home