Thursday, June 02, 2005

I Hated Her Gutz, So I Decided To Reply Her Email

This afternoon when I check my email from my notebook at Twisted, I was so FUCKING-ly pissed off. Read the below:

Nicky,

As spoken yesterday, pls provide me with what you think is the best solution to solve this estimate.

Btw, Pris spoke with me and she still has issue with your est no 5664 (Utusan Malay Market) - On the same note, pls also provide me with what you think will be the best solution to solve this.

Thanks! :-)
<----- The evil smile!!!!!

MARGARET CHEW
Brand Director


Then, I replied with my loard of BITCHNESS attitude and writing style.

Dear Margaret,

Sorry for the late response, as you are aware I am out of the office getting the 25th anniversary TVC production done. Material is due tomorrow.

Malay Mkt Estimates Solution
I believe we all agreed on the Malay Market estimate earlier before I send out to the Client. Doris has told me that Pris has got issue with one of the estimate. But now, I am not aware if the Client has got issue with the Mother's Day production estimate OR the master estimate for Strategic Planning and Project Management Fee.

Client has always thought our cost is too high, but I think it is now a matter of if we should bring down the cost lower, just to get them approve and sign the estimate OR we shall just stick to the principle to enforce and educate the Client to agree on the rate according to 4As. As we all know that there wasn't a contract / structured fee being presented to the Client before.

Since it has been numerous time where Client requesting us to reduce the cost for this estimate, I think it is best that we either get advise from senior people like John / Chit OR they can speak directly to Priscillia in regards to this matter.

Next Step:
Let me speak to John on this again. He is aware about it. Will see what he thinks then.

25th Anniversary Estimate Solution
I have spoke to John earlier on this issue, and he is aware of the cost that is currently reflecting in the estimate. I went ahead to make the decision and then seek consensus agreement with Desmond, traffic and John. Apology for not able to show it to you on time as you were away.

As I share my rationale to John / Traffic and Desmond, the Concept / Strat Plang / Campaign Mngmt cost are as such is to cover your time / John / Francois / and Creative Director's time spent over this campaign. I think it is reasonable to charge that amount of cost for us spending about 2 months cracking ideas and creative as Client kept changing their mind and direction.

For other estimates, we try to charge as low as RM500 per estimate to cover Desmond / Shane / and my time of running around - Project Management Fee. That only I think it is fair for the time we log into our timesheet every morning.

Next Step:
John is aware of all the above. And he did ask me to get Pris to speak to her in regards to the estimates earlier. He spoke to me this afternoon before he went off to Singapore. I will touch base with him again on this issue to seek the best solution to get Client to sign off the estimate when he is back in KL again.

Thanks =)


Don't you just hate her gutz and love my tone and manner. Such a FUCKING CHEE BYE PO, she is!

=P

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, June 03, 2005, Blogger Derek said...

Hey Nicky,

Yup, it was a really fucked up day. You continue doing what is right and don't get down to her "evil" level. Anyway, i think the letter is not bitchy enough ... she deserved something bitchier ... hehe

The weekend is here ... so hope you can chill out ... ciao ...

cynikeel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home