Friday, July 15, 2005

Finally...

Yesterday, over email, I told Dennis that I was too stressed for today's meeting, and the best prescription for me then was to get a FUCKING good laid (strongly recommended). Because it's gonna be my first time presenting to the Regional COO on competitors strategy update.

Hell... this is my first time presenting to upper management on strategic implication, and the document was done entire by myself, of course with assistance and guidance from FAN SU HUA.

Yesterday, when I reach home at 2am. I had major headache. And I couldn't sleep at all, until this morning 5am.

And then I thought 'SHIT...there's no way I can concerntrate in the presentation later', when I was awaked at 7am.

So, as I was driving, I was trying so hard to remember what I understand from the document I wrote! HACK! Why was I trying to understand the document at that point of time? I wrote the document, I should know it better than ANYONE else. It's my own strategic implication wei.

STRESS.. was damn STRESSED!

It's not a very nice thing when you suddenly have a animated light bulb above you when you are in the midst of driving. So I was contemplating if I should stop my car and write down the notes or continue driving and keep on reminding myself till I get to my destination.

I was dumb enough to choose the 2nd route - keep reminding (ok, plus a bit of mumbling) myself throughout the journey. And HACK again, it was difficult. Almost had accident, as I lost my concerntration on the road.

Anyway.. reached Client's place at 8:30am, 30mins before the presentation starts. Went to the mamak nearby and started to edit my document slightly.

Then 8:50am. Rush back to Client's office, and up to the meeting room. Still continue typing away.

Stop all my rubbish last minute thoughts at 9:30am sharp. As I thought I should not do anymore last minute change as it's really unhealthy.

So... it was my turn to present. FUCK, almost pee in my pans.

There I go... 'yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda...' non-stop.

12:30pm, Phew... finally it's over.

I am surprise that Client did not raise any question at all. Phew, again...

So discussion time. The Regional COO first start talking to their marketing team, and he put them in place... So happy!

Then as I packed up to walk out the room... The Regional COO said I did a very good job today. Haha... first time ever. And all the while he thought I have not much of contribution to the brand, where he usually see me sitting quiet there listening to what my bosses present. Hell ya he is impressed by my knowledge and understanding to the category and the market. He said I was a croaching tiger hidden dragon.

Happy X 1000000000 times

So... now onwards... I got more presentation to anchor.

FARK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home